Earth was not built for six billion people, all running around and being passionate about things. The world was built for about two million people foraging for roots and grubs.- Doug Coupland
Foraging is the earliest and most natural way of gathering edibles in human evolution.
Given the extensive natural gift in the New Mexico, foraging wild edible fruits, berries, and plants become the most satisfying experience.
Humans have been foraging since the dawn of civilization. It was the primary means of sustenance for our prehistoric ancestors. Chances are, even you have foraged and probably did not realize that you were doing it.
Have you ever picked wild berries from a nearby park or plucked herbs from a neighborhood garden?
Well, these are both instances of Foraging.
This book is a visual journey with:
★ Colored Interior
★ 70 + images
★ Wild Edible plants & Mushrooms
If you are looking for a short, crisp, and visually pleasing account of all Foraging steps with respect to New Mexico, this is where you land
The topics covered are:
- Chapter 1: Foraging in New Mexico: What's Legal and Not.
- Chapter 2: Ethical Foraging
- Chapter 3: Why Forage-Benefits
- Chapter 4: Foraging in New Mexico: Where to Forage
- Chapter 5: What to Forage: Meet Wild Edible plants, Mushrooms, and Trees
- Chapter 6: Storing Foraged Goods
- Chapter 7: Let's Cook: 10 Edible Wild Plant Recipes
- Appendix - Foraging Tips, Foraging Classes & Tours, Mushroom Identification Logbook Pages
You can't simply head out right into the woods without proper guidance and someone experienced. With direction, support, and experience, you can quickly become a foraging pro.
So what are you waiting for?
"Add to cart" this concise, crisp, and to-the-point book to start your journey towards New Mexico Foraging