Taste Real Home-cooked Persian Food for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
The most celebrated Persian chef in America, Najmieh Batmanglij brings you her favorite traditional, healthy Persian dishes, simplified for modern American kitchens. Persian Cooking For Dummies, written for cooks of all skill levels will transform the way you cook. Offering more than 100 recipes, some of which can be made in less than an hour, this book will guide you through the art and craft of one of the world's oldest, yet least known culinary, traditions in the West. These flavors and aromas are rarely replicated in restaurants, so prepare to be wowed by your own creations as you follow these easy guidelines in the warmth and comfort of your own kitchen. The distinctive herbs, the heavenly aromas of saffron and rose water, and the sweet and sour flavors will impress your guests and delight your family.
- Prepare kababs, braises, golden-crusted, tah-dig rice dishes, and delicious desserts
- Learn the tricks and techniques that have been perfected over thousands of years
- Enjoy the unique aromas and flavors of the food of Iran--right in your own home
- Learn the history of Persian cooking and access a glossary of Persian culinary terms
- Many recipes are one page, simple to follow, and take less than an hour to make.
Adapted for today's lifestyle, Persian Cooking For Dummies is perfect for experienced and novice cooks alike. Take a journey through this exotic cuisine and get cooking, with Dummies.
Najmieh Batmanglij has been hailed as the "guru of Persian cuisine" by The Washington Post. Born and raised in Iran, she has spent the last 40 years adapting authentic Persian recipes to tastes and techniques in the West. Batmanglij's cookbooks include Food of Life, Silk Road Cooking, and Cooking in Iran: Regional Recipes and Kitchen Secrets.