This is a special order. Please contact the store for info: email@example.com.
This top-selling text, now in its seventh edition, is the go-to text to prepare students to teach people with disabilities. Adapted Physical Education and Sport
provides comprehensive and clear guidance for professionals working with people with unique physical education needs, differences, and abilities.New to This Edition
No other adapted physical education text has sold more copies than this book—but the contributors are not resting on their laurels. The text is loaded with new and updated material:
- Enhanced coverage of universal design for learning, with strategies and applications presented throughout the text
- A new chapter devoted entirely to adventure sports and activities
- A chapter on adapted sport that has been further developed to reflect the progress in the field
- Enhanced coverage of sport-specific injuries and prevention
Also new to this edition are related online learning aids delivered through HKPropel
, including assignable learning and enrichment activities to help students apply the book’s foundational knowledge. The HKPropel resources also include an instructor guide with teaching tips and strategies, ideas for an introductory course in adapted physical education and sport, and a sample syllabus. Other tools include a test bank, video clips demonstrating 26 of the fitness tests from The Brockport Physical Fitness Test Manual
, and forms, tables, and calculators related to the Brockport Physical Fitness Test.
In addition, the team of 30 highly renowned contributors includes 12 new voices who add their perspectives to the content.More FeaturesAdapted Physical Education and Sport
offers readers much more:
- Chapter-opening scenarios that introduce one or more of the chapter’s concepts
- Application examples that explore real-life situations and show how to apply the text concepts to solve relevant issues
- Print, video, and online resources in the text and through HKPropel
- Appendixes that include definitions based on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), contact information for organizations associated with adapted physical education and sport, information related to the Brockport Physical Fitness Test, a scale to evaluate adapted physical education programs, and more
The book’s contents are aligned with the IDEA legislation and will help current and future educators identify the unique needs of children with disabilities, adapt physical education to meet those needs, and develop effective individualized education programs (IEPs) for those students. Adapted Physical Education and Sport
is the ideal book for those who want the foundational knowledge that leads to the practical development and implementation of top-quality physical education and sport programs for people with disabilities.
Note: A code for accessing HKPropel
is included with all new print books.