Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure!
Forge your own path through the rock arches, canyon-carving rivers, and ever-present ancient cultures of Southeastern Utah with Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks.
Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks features:
With Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks' curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.
- Full coverage of both national parks and their surrounding areas, with chapters covering Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Moab, and the Southeastern Corner
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering both, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Climb dramatic stone bridges and slickrock bluffs to Delicate Arch, and find the perfect spot for a red rock photo-op. Join a ranger-led hike through Arches' Fiery Furnace, or a half-day rafting tour down the Colorado River. Hike to mesa-top vistas, mountain bike through high-desert canyons, and explore countless backcountry trails. Visit the Ancestral Puebloan preservation at Hovenweep National Monument, and enjoy a couple microbrews with mountain biking locals in Moab
- Strategies for getting to both parks and traveling between them
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at a B&B
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Bluff and Moab
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, rafting, and more, plus essential health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Exploring more of Utah's natural wonders? Try Moon Zion & Bryce
For full coverage of America's national parks, check out Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 National Parks
W. C. McRae is the coauthor of several travel guides, including Moon Utah and Moon Montana (both with Judy Jewell). He has also edited books for National Geographic and Mobil Guides and has written for websites like GORP.com and Expedia.com. In his spare time he earns money by writing polemics for a high-tech PR company. He makes his home in Portland, OR.
Judy Jewell graduated from Reed College and worked at Portland's renowned Powell's Books. Judy worked there, as a book buyer and manager, for 14 years then decided to write travel books. Judy is the author of several guidebooks, including Moon Utah and Moon Montana (also with Bill McRae). When she is not writing about the outdoors and travel, she is the lead technical writer at Camp Dusty Technical Services. She lives with her husband and dog in Portland, OR.