Take Control of OCD: A Kid's Guide to Conquering Anxiety and Managing OCD is a must-have guide for kids and teens ages 10-16 with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder to help them take control and use their strengths to find success in school and in life. This fully updated second edition:
- Uses a cognitive-behavioral therapy and exposure/response prevention method to stress gradual exposure to obsessive thinking patterns.
- Provides a step-by-step ladder-based process to help readers conquer their fears and demolish their worries.
- Helps kids change their obsessive thoughts, tolerate uncertainty, and develop positive self-talk and stress management.
- Also helps kids advocate for their needs in school and build successful relaxation procedures.
- Includes workbook-style pages for readers to complete.
By interviewing kids with OCD from across the country, the author offers tons of advice, information, and ideas for students, by students just like them. Readers will find themselves in this book, as it normalizes and validates the often hidden and undisclosed thoughts, urges, and images, and accompanying rituals and compulsions that so many children and teens with OCD struggle with.
Bonnie Zucker, Psy.D., is a licensed psychologist with a background and expertise in psychotherapy with children, adolescents, and adults.