A Mental Toughness Playbook for Athletes, Parents, and Coaches
In sports, and in life, mental toughness matters-even more than raw talent and skill. But young athletes can't develop it, and master other vital aspects of the "inner game," on their own. Coaches and parents play a vital role as well. In The Mental Training Guide for Elite Athletes,
David Angeron speaks to all three audiences. He draws on his expertise as a sport psychology coach and his background as a college athlete and baseball scout to help readers overcome the fear, doubt, and negativity that derail players and teams.
In This Book You Will Learn:
- The fundamentals of the "Mental Master Method"
- How personality type plays into athletic excellence
- How to develop traits like work ethic, grit, and desire
- Why tools like visualization and imagery and deep breathing help "weaponize" pressure and supercharge your game
- How positive energy can change the trajectory of a losing season
In The Mental Training Guide for Elite Athletes, Angeron will teach you the routines and exercises that great athletes use to take their performance to the next level-whether "next level" for you means making the team for the first time, or moving up to varsity, or being offered your first professional contract. When you practice these regularly and incorporate them into your life, you will be able to set and exceed goals and eventually reach your true potential.
Packed with self-assessments, exercises, and engaging examples, this book is a must-read for athletes who want to transform their game- and coaches and parents who guide and support them on the journey.