Night Trains of Europe 2018 Edition is substantially updated and revised with details of over 160 night trains which regularly traverse the continent.
Explore the whole European railway network with the 74 page paperback version of illustrated RailPass RailMap Europe Designed specifically for Interrail or Eurail global railpass holders. Easy to navigate full colour print version covers 31 European countries in addition to Turkey and North Africa
Purchase includes complementary PDFs via website link. Updated 2018 edition includes detailed RailMaps of the most spectacular Alpine routes including French Alpine routes, northern Italy and western Austria. Brand new for 2018 are icons indicating UNESCO listed sites, significant religious buildings, castles and attractive Medieval towns.
Buyer Beware Please note that RailPass RailMap 2018 has been specifically designed with the Global RailPass holder (interrailer) in mind. THIS IS NOT A COMPLETELY DEFINITIVE RAILWAY MAP. Instead RailPass RailMap is all about enabling easy and quick reference navigation around the entire European railway network in an easy to locate (i.e. top tourist destinations), easy to understand (easy to identify train types), easy to pack away format (i.e. can be folded in half) and full colour durable quality paper plus long lasting laminated gloss cover (i.e. large printed folding maps quickly suffer from tearing). The large square paperback format enables large spreads which have the look and feel of a folded map with many duplications so you can easily follow the network across the spreads.
All the most popular tourist destination, cities and major towns on the network are highlights in large bold print. All the major network connections, scenic routes, intersections and junctions are easy to follow to enable you to quickly get to your chosen destinations.
New for 2018 is major ferry crossings sailing info and railpass discounts for UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Italy and Greece.
- Detailed explanation of night train network with simplified infographic displaying relevant connections and major stops for each country with departing Night Train services including timetable info, schedule notescurrency and www.links to check departure times
- Index with Country flag and RailMap pages
- Detailed explanation of RailMap legend and what to look out for on RailMap
- Easily identified High speed routes where compulsory reservations and supplments are required (bright orange lines) and where no additional cost is requred (purple lines)
- Main railway lines (seat reservation usually required in Eastern Europe)
- Majority of local lines (in most cases no additional seat reservation requirement)
- Green highlighted and easy to identify scenic routes so you can plan the most interesting and awesome routes
- Swiss scenic routes are clearly identified with special highlights and legend so you know exactly how to make the very best of your time in this wonderful scenic rich country
- Bus routes (pink lines) where the train network is in repair or is seasonal etc.
- Ski resorts and popular summer hiking destinations
- Ports and popular ferry routes including discounts that railpass attracts and sailing info etc
- Train stations with shower facilities
- National parks and areas of outstanding beauty
- Cities and towns with nearby airports (with highlighted airport codes)
- Sandy beaches and stunning coastlines
- Mountain ranges and major inland lakes
This is an indispensable railway travel guide designed by an experienced Interrailer with a passion for creating informative railway maps. RailPass RailMap is continually updated.
To learn more please visit RailMapEurope.com