We Are Singaporeans Volume 2 continues to feature inspiring illustrated interviews of Singaporeans who have carved out unconventional work paths that align with their passions and values. While the interests and experiences are varied, the interviewees’ resourcefulness and resilience collectively bring hope and possibilities to youths or anyone who is wondering about their own journeys in life.
The 13 people in this book are:
• Wong Maye-e, Photojournalist
• Darius Lim, Choir conductor and composer
• Debby Ng, Wildlife ecologist and conservationist
• Martino Tan, Managing Editor of Mothership
• Felicia Low-Jimenez, Author & comics publisher
• Adib Jalal, Urbanist
• Sharul Channa, Stand-up comedian
• Jay Chua, Charis Chia & Yilina Leong of Fossa Chocolate
• Samantha Scott-Blackhall, Theatre director
• Kenneth and Adeline Thong of The Last Resort
Lee Xin Li is an independent illustrator based in Singapore. He graduated with an architecture degree from the National University of Singapore. Xin Li often draws his inspiration from the environment he grew up in and encountered
such as culture, food, architecture, and history. He is also the author of Sayang Singapura.
Melanie Lee is a writer and lecturer from Singapore. She is also the author of the award-winning picture book series, The Adventures of Squirky the Alien, Out and About in Singapore, an illustrated children's travel guide, and Amazing Ash and Superhero Ah Ma, a middle-grade graphic novel.